Michael J. Colburn, Ph.D., PE. is President of Colburn & Associates; a professional services firm whose mission is “To assist organizations implement healthy change and learning that will help them achieve and sustain improvement in total performance.” He has been a change agent for more than 30 years, working with a broad range of clients in the private and public sectors. Michael has developed and implemented services to support leadership, process improvement and organizational development. These services include Strategic Execution, Performance Advancement, Workforce Development, Systems Improvement and Leadership Development.
This episode will teach you:
- How do you convert an entrepreneurship idea to sustainable growth?
- 3-Step approach on building a relationship with a client:
- Step 1 - Discovery face with quality questions to build your credibility.
- Step 2 – Concept proposal.
- Step 3 - Closing the proposal.
- The importance of understanding yourself and your skills.
- The 5 Principles of self-management:
- Principle One: I work for the customer.
- Principle Two: I manage my own performance.
- Principle Three: My “boss” and I are partners in performance.
- Principle Four: I am loyal to the truth.
- Principle Five: I am a lifelong learner.
- How to teach the 5 principles of self-management virtually?
- Can everyone self-manage themselves?
- Why sales professions have better self-management skills and how can we have learned from them?
Michael is a member and past president of the Capital City Organization Development Network. He is a member of the Ashland Center for Nonviolence. He is a past president of the Central Ohio Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development. During his year as president (1985) the chapter won the National Excellence Award. Michael served as Chair of the Advisory Board for “Doin’The Right Healthy Thing”, a heart health awareness, educational and screening program to help people develop healthy lifestyle behaviors. Michael is a former member and chair of the Franklin County Rural Zoning Commission.
Connect with Michael via email firstname.lastname@example.org or LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-colburn-phd-pe-b3690674/
RM PODCAST FL
Facebook: Connect with Romina